Definición de Priapulida en inglés:
A small phylum of burrowing worm-like marine invertebrates which have a thick body, a large eversible proboscis, and a terminal tail.
- They concluded that Gastrotricha is the sister-taxon of a monophyletic clade comprising Nematoda, Nematomorpha, Priapulida, Kinorhyncha and Loricifera.
- Loricifera, Priapulida, and Kinorhyncha are unequivocally assumed to be most closely related and are, therefore, united in one group, named Scalidophora first by Lemburg.
- The fine structure of the mouth cone, the introvert with scalids, and the circumenteric brain indicate that this meiofaunal phylum is monophyletic, related to Kinorhyncha and Priapulida.
- Example sentences
- Over twenty species of non-mineralized arthropods have been found in the Wheeler Shale, as well as annelids, priapulids, and other worms, and the swimming predator Anomalocaris.
- Instead, some pseudocoelomate animals, such as priapulids and nematodes, appear to be more closely related to arthropods, in a group termed Ecdysozoa.
- If this evolutionary interpretation is correct, this change in behavior marks the origin of infaunal priapulid worms from those crawling at the sediment surface with ventral appendages.
Pronunciación: /prʌɪˈapjʊlɪd/sustantivo& adjetivo
Definición de Priapulida en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia