- A small phylum of burrowing worm-like marine invertebrates which have a thick body, a large eversible proboscis, and a terminal tail.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- They concluded that Gastrotricha is the sister-taxon of a monophyletic clade comprising Nematoda, Nematomorpha, Priapulida, Kinorhyncha and Loricifera.
- Loricifera, Priapulida, and Kinorhyncha are unequivocally assumed to be most closely related and are, therefore, united in one group, named Scalidophora first by Lemburg.
- The fine structure of the mouth cone, the introvert with scalids, and the circumenteric brain indicate that this meiofaunal phylum is monophyletic, related to Kinorhyncha and Priapulida.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Over twenty species of non-mineralized arthropods have been found in the Wheeler Shale, as well as annelids, priapulids, and other worms, and the swimming predator Anomalocaris.
- Instead, some pseudocoelomate animals, such as priapulids and nematodes, appear to be more closely related to arthropods, in a group termed Ecdysozoa.
- If this evolutionary interpretation is correct, this change in behavior marks the origin of infaunal priapulid worms from those crawling at the sediment surface with ventral appendages.
Pronunciación: /prʌɪˈapjʊlɪd/sustantivo & adjetivo
modern Latin (plural), from Priapulus (genus name), diminutive of Priapus.
Más definiciones de PriapulidaDefinición de Priapulida en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.