Definición de Prosobranchia en inglés:
A group of molluscs which includes the limpets, abalones, and many terrestrial and aquatic snails. They all have a shell, and many have an operculum.
- Subclass Prosobranchia, class Gastropoda
- Gastropods were traditionally classified into three main subclasses, Prosobranchia, Pulmonata, and Opisthobranchia.
- In the traditional classification system, the class Gastropoda has been divided into three subclasses, Prosobranchia, Pulmonata, and Opisthobranchia.
- They share certain basic characteristics with the Prosobranchia, but they are placed with the Opisthobranchia because there is a smoother transition from the Cephalaspidea to the other opisthobranch orders.
- Example sentences
- Serotonergic neurons arise early in gangliogenesis in pulmonate, prosobranch, and opisthobranch embryos.
- Pulmonates are dioecious and hermaphroditic as are prosobranchs, but pulmonates develop directly (there is no larval form).
- Traditionally, opisthobranchs have been recognized as a natural group and have been included within the gastropods together with prosobranchs and pulmonates.
Definición de Prosobranchia en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan