Definición de Prototheria en inglés:
A group of mammals that comprises the monotremes and their extinct relatives. Compare with Theria.
- Subclass Prototheria, class Mammalia
- They are often placed in a separate subclass from other mammals, Prototheria.
- Triconodonta were viewed as broadly ancestral to the extinct Docodonta and to living monotremes, collectively grouped (often with Multituberculata) as Prototheria.
- As noted, recognition of skull resemblances to monotremes and triconodonts led to later referral to ‘Prototheria,’ within a monophyletic Mammalia.
Definición de Prototheria en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan