A former kingdom of Germany. Originally a small country on the SE shores of the Baltic, under Frederick the Great it became a major European power covering much of modern NE Germany and Poland. After the Franco-Prussian War of 1870-1 it became the centre of Bismarck’s new German Empire, but following Germany’s defeat in the First World War the Prussian monarchy was abolished.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Did you ever wonder why the U.S. Social Security Administration has a picture of this Prussian militarist up on their site?
- Are we speaking of Bismarck's vote-buying democracy for his Prussian emperor?
- In her hand, a staff with the iron cross topped by the Prussian eagle.
Definición de Prussia en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.