sustantivo (plural igual or Punans)
- 1A member of any of various groups of Dayak peoples inhabiting parts of Borneo.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In the city, the Punan benefit from all positive effects of development.
- Sago starch harvested from palm trees is still the main source of carbohydrate for the Punan living in the remote forest village of Rian Tibu.
- Originally, Orang Ulu was a name given to the Kayan and Kenyah tribes and smaller neighbouring tribes which include the Kajang, Kejaman, Punan, Ukit and Penan.
- 2 [mass noun] Any of the related languages of the Punan, now with fewer than 4,000 speakers.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- While your average Southeast Asian expat would rarely speak more than 2 languages, Tivai is multilingual and speaks 8 (Punan, Kenyah, Kayan, Iban, Bazaar Malay, Bahasa Indonesia proper, a bit of Banjarese and Foochow Chinese).
adjetivoVolver al principio
- Relating to the Punan or their languages.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- A team of experts has spent months comparing the lives of the Punan people, who still live as hunter-gatherers in the forest of Indonesian Borneo, with those of tribe members who have been lured away by civilisation.
- Searcy is presenting a seminar on translation to Punan church leaders.
the name in Dayak.