- A lesser Jewish festival held in spring (on the 14th or 15th day of Adar) to commemorate the defeat of Haman’s plot to massacre the Jews as recorded in the book of Esther.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Rabbi Shimon Ben Gamliel holds that we should commemorate Purim during the second Adar.
- This time they are not gas masks, but the traditional costumes celebrating the Jewish festival of Purim.
- I questioned when one of them gave the Arab drivers the presents we had received from Jewish drivers for Purim!
Hebrew, plural of pūr, explained in the book of Esther (3:7, 9:24) as meaning 'lot', with allusion to the casting of lots by Haman.
Más definiciones de PurimDefinición de Purim en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.