Definición de Rastafarian en inglés:
Relating to a religious movement of Jamaican origin holding that Emperor Haile Selassie of Ethiopia was the Messiah and that blacks are the chosen people and will eventually return to their African homeland.
- The Rastafarian religion inspired by Emperor Haile Selassie is what brought American Gladstone Robinson to Ethiopia 40 years ago.
- From Garvey's teachings, the Rastafarian movement emerged in Jamaica in the 1930s.
- The Kebra Negast is a book of Rastafarian spirituality and religious interpretations.
sustantivoVolver al principio
A member of the Rastafarian religious movement. Rastafarians have distinctive codes of behaviour and dress, including the wearing of dreadlocks and the smoking of cannabis, and they follow a diet that excludes pork, shellfish, and milk.
- The two suspects told police they are Rastafarians, but Rastafarian leaders on the island have denounced the attack.
- The two men were believed to be Rastafarians and members of an anti-Catholic cult.
- This is why Rastafarians refer to the repressive outside world as Babylon.
- Example sentences
- We were asked about the religion of Rastafarianism, which is very prominent in that country.
- I presume it shares memes with Rastafarianism and the Coptic Church.
- Reggae is an African-Caribbean style of music developed on the island of Jamaica and is closely linked to the religion of Rastafarianism.
Definición de Rastafarian en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary