Definición de Rastafarian en inglés:
Relating to a religious movement of Jamaican origin holding that Emperor Haile Selassie of Ethiopia was the Messiah and that blacks are the chosen people and will eventually return to their African homeland.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The Rastafarian religion inspired by Emperor Haile Selassie is what brought American Gladstone Robinson to Ethiopia 40 years ago.
- From Garvey's teachings, the Rastafarian movement emerged in Jamaica in the 1930s.
- The Kebra Negast is a book of Rastafarian spirituality and religious interpretations.
sustantivoVolver al principio
A member of the Rastafarian religious movement. Rastafarians have distinctive codes of behaviour and dress, including the wearing of dreadlocks and the smoking of cannabis, and they follow a diet that excludes pork, shellfish, and milk.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The two suspects told police they are Rastafarians, but Rastafarian leaders on the island have denounced the attack.
- The two men were believed to be Rastafarians and members of an anti-Catholic cult.
- This is why Rastafarians refer to the repressive outside world as Babylon.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- We were asked about the religion of Rastafarianism, which is very prominent in that country.
- I presume it shares memes with Rastafarianism and the Coptic Church.
- Reggae is an African-Caribbean style of music developed on the island of Jamaica and is closely linked to the religion of Rastafarianism.
Palabras que riman con Rastafarianagrarian, antiquarian, apiarian, Aquarian, Arian, Aryan, authoritarian, barbarian, Bavarian, Bulgarian, Caesarean (US Cesarean), centenarian, communitarian, contrarian, Darien, disciplinarian, egalitarian, equalitarian, establishmentarian, fruitarian, Gibraltarian, grammarian, Hanoverian, humanitarian, Hungarian, latitudinarian, libertarian, librarian, majoritarian, millenarian, necessarian, necessitarian, nonagenarian, octogenarian, ovarian, Parian, parliamentarian, planarian, predestinarian, prelapsarian, proletarian, quadragenarian, quinquagenarian, quodlibetarian, riparian, rosarian, Rotarian, sabbatarian, Sagittarian, sanitarian, Sauveterrian, sectarian, seminarian, septuagenarian, sexagenarian, topiarian, totalitarian, Trinitarian, ubiquitarian, Unitarian, utilitarian, valetudinarian, vegetarian, veterinarian, vulgarian
Definición de Rastafarian en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda