- 1Any of various radical or socialist groups, in particular an organized detachment of workers during the Russian Revolution of 1917 and a militant youth movement in China (1966–76) which carried out attacks on intellectuals and other disfavoured groups as part of Mao Zedong’s Cultural Revolution.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It so happened that the wrath of the Red Guard was directed against ‘intellectuals,’ loosely defined as anyone who had any pretensions to learning.
- But in several countries overseas we can see mass working class and peasant militia which come out of the same tradition as the Paris Communards and the Red Guard in 1917.
- They were fearful that should the Red Guard discover such bourgeois items in their possession they would be arrested.
- 1.1A member of one of the Red Guard groups.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- By 1967, matters had escalated to near anarchy as student Red Guards terrorized the streets, and from 1968 the military was called in to restore order.
- Failure to produce a copy upon being asked could bring on a beating by the Red Guards.
- Her parents were imprisoned during the Cultural Revolution, and she was brought up by Red Guards as a child of the Revolution, not regarding her parents as her family.
Más definiciones de Red GuardDefinición de Red Guard en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.