- The hypothesis that organisms are constantly struggling to keep up with one another in an evolutionary race between predator and prey species.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Evolutionary biologists call this phenomenon, in which an organism evolves just to stay in place, the Red Queen hypothesis.
- A popular theory is the Red Queen hypothesis, named after the Lewis Carroll character who tells Alice that she must keep running simply to stay in the same place.
- Taking an experimental approach to paleoecology, we evaluated the prey portion of Van Valen's Red Queen hypothesis by retrieving diapausing eggs from lake sediments for laboratory tests of evolutionary responses.
late 20th century: named from a passage in Lewis Carroll's Through the Looking Glass, in which the Red Queen tells Alice that ‘it takes all the running you can do to stay in the same place’.
Más definiciones de Red Queen hypothesisDefinición de Red Queen hypothesis en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.