sustantivo (plural igual or Rohingyas)
- 1A member of a Muslim people inhabiting western Burma (Myanmar): the UNHCR estimates 800,000 Rohingya live in Burma’s mountainous Rakhine stateMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Among them are Acehnese from Indonesia and people from the minority Muslim community of Rohingyas in Myanmar.
- The Rohingya in Myanmar live mostly in the northern state of Rahkine and in the past fled through Bangladesh and into the Middle East.
- There are also hundreds of thousands of Rohingya living in Bangladesh.
- 2 [mass noun] The Indic language of the Rohingya: he asked me if I spoke RohingyaMás ejemplos en oraciones
- In retrospect, perhaps I should have asked him to speak Rohingya. But what he said is more important than what language he spoke.
- They only speak Rohingya.
- Rohingya (Ruáingga) is the spoken language of Rohingya people which is similar to Chittagonian language spoken in the neighbouring Chittagong region of Bangladesh.
adjetivoVolver al principio
- Relating to or denoting the Rohingya or their language: Rohingya communities Rohingya MuslimsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Authorities are now trying to ascertain whether they are members of the Rohingya community from the Arakan region of Myanmar.
- The ruling states that the man is a member of the Rohingya minority in Myanmar and had been involved in pro-democracy political activities.
- A local woman helped a Rohingya refugee in a small hospital after she was rescued yesterday off Indonesia.
Rohingya: self-designation, from the name of a former kingdom of Burma.
Más definiciones de RohingyaDefinición de Rohingya en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.