- 1 • historical Bring (a region, people, etc.) under Roman influence or authority: (as adjective Romanized) romanized buildingsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Britain was a thoroughly Romanized province, or at least the southern portions were.
- There were certain areas east of the Rhine and north of the Danube that had Roman colonies, but the territory never was Romanized in the thorough fashion that Britain was.
- The numbers of Romans were never great, but the indigenous upper classes became Romanized and spoke Latin.
- 2Make Roman Catholic in character: he has Romanized the services of his churchMás ejemplos en oraciones
- From the 11th century the Normans colonized and feudalized much of Wales and Romanized the Church, but the native Welsh retained their own laws and tribal organization.
- Most were found reused in the clerestory, where it is thought they were hidden by the church's 17th century ‘Romanising’ rector, John Cosin, to prevent their destruction at the hands of Puritans.
- 3 (romanize) Put (text) into the Roman alphabet or into roman type: Atatürk’s decision to romanize the written languageMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The session focused on a massive undertaking by American libraries to convert to the pinyin system of romanizing the Chinese language.
- How can students be expected to compete in the international marketplace when they don't even know the accepted standard for romanizing their own language?
- Pinyin is the Romanized Chinese phonetic system and is the most effective aid to learning Mandarin today.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Like many foreigners, I rather dislike the most-recently adopted system of Romanization for the Korean language.
- In addition, Cherry dispels the myth of Roman soldiers and veterans promoting Romanization, pointing out that most soldiers originally came from urban centres and tended to settle away from the frontier-zone on discharge.
- By AD 83 or 84 a succession of first-rate governors had carried Roman arms to the far north of Scotland and garrisons to the edge of the Highlands - and were pressing ahead with Romanization.
Más definiciones de RomanizeDefinición de Romanize en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.