- 1The table at which King Arthur and his knights sat so that none should have precedence.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Many of their exploits are related in the tales of the Knights of the Round Table.
- The will of the Round Table grew too strong, its knights too forceful.
- The Knights of the Round Table sought the Holy Grail, Long John Silver his treasure, Gollum the ring.
- 2An international charitable association which holds discussions and undertakes community service, open to men between the ages of 18 and 45, typically from business and professional groups.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Members of Swindon's Round Table have dished out thousands of pounds to Swindon charities.
- I did a catering course at college, sponsored by the local Round Table, who had even helped me buy my first set of knives.
- Each year for more than 40 years, the Round Table has had a sleigh with Father Christmas in the centre of Swindon, every Saturday in December.
- 3 (usually as modifier round table) An assembly for discussion, especially at a conference: round-table talksMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The opening is preceded by a round-table discussion at 3 p.m. and the exhibition runs until July 24.
- Topics include marketing, public relations, staff recruitment, and round-table discussions for experienced and first-time supervisors.
- Clad in homespun clothes, Gandhi once attended a round-table conference in London, where he brought along with him a milch goat to symbolise the self-sufficiency of the Indian people.
Más definiciones de Round TableDefinición de Round Table en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.