Definición de Salish en inglés:
sustantivo (plural igual)
1A member of a group of American Indian peoples inhabiting areas of the north-western US and the west coast of Canada.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Coast Salish appreciated the danger of overfishing, moreover, and adopted conservation measures such as leaving gaps in weirs, opening traps periodically and setting nets only after the ‘first run’ of salmon had passed.
- ‘Old Toby,’ their Shoshone guide, led them through the Bitterroot Valley, the ancestral homeland of the Salish, to Lolo Creek, where they spent several days preparing for the most arduous part of their journey.
- Indians came to talk about peace between the Salish and Kootenai and their enemies, the Blackfeet, not about land cessions or a treaty with the United States, because they saw no reason to ‘treat with friends’.
adjetivoVolver al principio
Relating to the Salish or their languages.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Thus he prohibits her learning of the Salish language and does not send her to the boarding school with the other children of the tribe.
- North of the Canadian boundary, Kootenai and Salish people used Kootenai Pass and South Kootenay Pass, accessed by the Grave Creek Trail that was the principal ‘buffalo trail’ from the Tobacco Plains.
- This event brought together the whole of the Blackfeet Confederation, including the Canadian element, in addition to members of the Crow, Salish, Sioux, and Nez Perce tribes.
a local name, literally 'Flatheads'.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- I was explaining words for ‘snow’ in Montana Salish (a Salishan language spoken in Montana… as the name suggests).
- The Salishan and Wakashan languages are the favorite candidates for languages lacking the noun/verb contrast, but there have been several other proposals.
- According to Kinkade, at least six or seven out of the twenty-three Salishan languages utilize a special affix to indicate what he calls third-person topic objects.
Palabras que riman con Salishpalish
Definición de Salish en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Canadá
Muy popular en Australia