Definición de Scaphopoda en inglés:
A class of molluscs that comprises the tusk shells.
- There are approximately 900 species of Scaphopoda, commonly called tusk shells.
- The assemblage of Bivalvia, Gastropoda and Scaphopoda contains 24 species, of which 13 are considered new, and is unequivocally the best-preserved Cretaceous molluscan fauna from the Australian region.
- It is also now generally thought that they were ancestral to the Cephalopoda and Scaphopoda as well.
- Example sentences
- Other molluscs are present but less common, including bivalves, scaphopods, orthoconic cephalopods, tentaculitids, and small, indeterminate juvenile ammonoids.
- Moreover, cephalopods or both scaphopods and cephalopods, are closely related to, and descended from, laterally compressed helcionelloids.
- Like scaphopods, bivalves have a retractile foot which they use to burrow.
Definición de Scaphopoda en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan