- 1A qualification achieved by taking public examinations of proficiency for secondary-school pupils. These examinations existed between 1917 and 1951 in England and Wales, and are current in New Zealand: a boy with a good School CertificateMás ejemplos en oraciones
- In New South Wales this credential is known as the Higher School Certificate.
- Jane had a Higher School Certificate in biology but had no experience of chimps apart from seeing two rather sad specimens at London Zoo.
- I had to get my School Certificate, which I duly did.
- 1.1School Certificate examinations: [mass noun]: I had passed School Certificate I left after taking the School Certificate [as modifier]: just before her School Certificate examinationMás ejemplos en oraciones
- ‘In the past we always had the School Certificate mark to go on,’ he says, ‘and that was reasonable.’
- It may well be true that today's ‘A’ level students would have difficulty in passing the Higher School Certificate that was my school leaving exam.
- His father told him that if he passed his School Certificate and earned the money for a return ticket he would be allowed to go.