Definición de Secretary of State en inglés:
1(In the UK) the head of a major government department: the Secretary of State for Defence
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The Claimant in this claim for judicial review is the Secretary of State for the Home Department.
- It is the Secretary of State's policy that the power to sanction should not be exercised too widely.
- Copies are also being sent to Bexley Council and the Secretary of State for Transport.
2(In the US) the head of the State Department, responsible for foreign affairs.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Henry Kissinger ran foreign policy under President Nixon, not Secretary of State Rogers.
- Then U.S. Secretary of State Madeline Albright visited Pyongyang in response to Cho's trip to Washington.
- That includes his Secretary of State, Colin Powell, who has been presented as a restraining influence on Bush.
Definición de Secretary of State en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda