Definición de Semitic en inglés:
1Relating to or denoting a family of languages that includes Hebrew, Arabic, and Aramaic and certain ancient languages such as Phoenician and Akkadian, constituting the main subgroup of the Afro-Asiatic family.
- Aramaic belongs to the Semitic language group historically centred in the Middle East.
- Diligently, he traces each letter from the ancient Semitic and Phoenician alphabets through Old English and Norman French, exploring shapes and pronunciation.
- Arabic derives from the ancient Semitic languages.
2Relating to the peoples who speak Semitic languages, especially Hebrew and Arabic.
- Some are ethnically Arab, which means that they are Semitic, and speak Arabic.
- The Semitic mind speaks in terms of beings, beings that embody good and evil.
- Aramaic was the language of Semitic peoples - the Assyrians, Chaldeans, Hebrews and Syrians.
Definición de Semitic en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary