- The day before Ash Wednesday. Though named for its former religious significance, it is chiefly marked by feasting and celebration, which traditionally preceded the observance of the Lenten fast. Compare with Mardi Gras.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Today, Tuesday, February 8th is Shrove Tuesday or Pancake Day as it is often referred to.
- The Rotary Club of Waterford will host a Pancake Day Afternoon tea for Senior Citizens on Shrove Tuesday, February 8.
- The Mayo General Hospital Shrove Tuesday table quiz took place in the Traveller's Friend Hotel.
Más definiciones de Shrove TuesdayDefinición de Shrove Tuesday en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.