(also Sierpinski gasket)
- A fractal based on a triangle with four equal triangles inscribed in it. The central triangle is removed and each of the other three treated as the original was, and so on, creating an infinite regression in a finite space.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- This description conjures up images of cycloids, Sierpinski gaskets, ‘cowboy hat’ surfaces, and multi-colored graphs.
- There is an interesting relation between the puzzle graph of the Towers of Hanoi puzzle and Pascal's triangle, and hence the Sierpinski gasket too.
- A well-known algorithm for drawing a Sierpinski triangle starts with a sequence of 0s and 1s.
1970s: named after Wacław Sierpiński (1882–1969), Polish mathematician.
Más definiciones de Sierpinski triangleDefinición de Sierpinski triangle en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.