Definición de Sindhi en inglés:
sustantivo (plural Sindhis)
1A native or inhabitant of Sind.
- The discussion on minorities in Pakistan has drifted aimlessly into defining Baluchis, Sindhis and Pashtuns as minorities and Pakistan as seething cauldron under Punjabi domination.
- There are also several distinct ethnic and linguistic groups in Pakistan, including Pathans, Punjabis, Sindhis, and Baluchis.
- Rural Sind is populated mainly by Sindhis, but the big cities, such as Karachi and Hyderabad, have been settled largely by Mohajirs, Urdu-speaking Muslims who migrated from India.
2 [mass noun] The Indic language of Sind, used also in western India and having about 18 million speakers.
- Urdu and Sindhi are those unfortunate languages that have no home of their own.
- Modern Baluchi shows borrowings from Persian, Arabic, Sindhi, and other languages.
- It is correct that this area spoke one language, Sindhi; this is confirmed by many Muslim geographers.
adjetivoVolver al principio
Relating to the province of Sind or its people, or the Sindhi language.
- She recalled the terror felt even in remote villages and the anguish of having to suppress her Sindhi identity, language and clothing.
- Aptly called Samjhautha, the festival showcases some of the Pakistani chef's specialities: Lahori lamb chops, Peshawari rotis and Sindhi mutton biryani.
- Born in London to Sindhi parents, the young actress who spent two years in Bombay as a child, says the film has made her much more politically aware than she used to be.
Definición de Sindhi en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan