sustantivo (plural igual or Songhais)
- 1A member of a people of West Africa living mainly in Niger and Mali.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The Gambia was once part of the Empire of Ghana and the Kingdom of the Songhais.
- There are also references to the Soce of Senegal, JoIa of Gambia, Songhay and Moors of Mali, and the Kru of Liberia.
- The second principal social problem involves political instability in the Republic of Niger, home to many of the Songhay.
- 2 [mass noun] The Nilo-Saharan language of the Songhai, with about 2 million speakers.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Other major languages include Zarma, Songhay, Fulfulde, and Tamasheq.
- Other national languages promoted by the DNAFLA include Fulfuldé, Songhai, Senufo, Dogon, Soninké, and Tamasheq.
- Many of the Tuareg also speak Songhay, Hausa, and French, and read Arabic.
adjetivoVolver al principio
- Relating to the Songhai or their language.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In this film he presents a documentary of social life in Wanzerbe, the famed village of Songhay sorcerers.
- Since farming is seasonal, many Songhay men have developed secondary occupations: trading, transport, or tailoring.
- Two contrasting modes and metaphorisations of taste occur in a Songhay village, and in eighteenth century England.
the name in Songhai.
Más definiciones de SonghaiDefinición de Songhai en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.