- A phenomenon in which a luminous electrical discharge appears on a ship or aircraft during a storm.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Another possibility is St Elmo's fire caused by a strong low level electrical field.
- St. Elmo's Fire has long served as an omen of heavenly intervention to sailors.
- St Elmo's fire is usually seen at the top of tall objects such as church steeples, trees or the wings of airplanes. Often a crackling sound is heard along with it.
regarded as a sign of protection given by St Elmo, the patron saint of sailors.
Más definiciones de St Elmo's fireDefinición de St Elmo's fire en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.