- A very large relative of the dugong that was formerly found in the area of the Bering Sea and Kamchatka Peninsula, discovered and hunted to extinction in the 18th century.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Hydrodamalis gigas, family Dugongidae
- This family contains two modern species, dugongs and Steller's sea cow, the latter unfortunately now extinct.
- With few exceptions, such as the Steller's sea cow, and Caribbean monk seal, most species that are ecologically extinct probably still survive in sufficient numbers for successful restoration with proper management.
- The early casualties of this phenomenon were mostly isolated populations like the dodo of Mauritius and the Steller's sea cow.
Más definiciones de Steller's sea cowDefinición de Steller's sea cow en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.