- 1Relating to or denoting the fourth climatic stage of the postglacial period in northern Europe, between the Atlantic and Sub-Atlantic stages (about 5,000 to 2,800 years ago). The stage corresponds to the Neolithic period and Bronze Age, and the climate was cooler and drier than previously but still warmer than today.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He came up with the theory that as the earth began to heat up, water sources evaporated during the Sub-Boreal period.
- To the south, it grades into the Sub-Boreal Pine Spruce zone.
- It occurs throughout the interior, east of the Coast Mountains; including the Sub-Boreal, Central and Southern Interior of the Province and into the Southern Interior Mountains.
Más definiciones de Sub-BorealDefinición de Sub-Boreal en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.