Definición de Swazi en inglés:
sustantivo (plural igual or Swazis)
1A member of a people traditionally inhabiting Swaziland and Mpumalanga province in South Africa.
- Many Swazis find work in South African mines, and much of Swaziland's electricity is imported from South Africa.
- The Zulu kingdom on the east coast, north of Natal, was the largest; the Swazi, Tswana, Pedi, Venda, Mpondo, and Thembu remained substantial chiefdoms.
- Chilufya was one of the two members from Southern Africa, together with a Swazi, elected on the board dominated by North and West Africa.
1.1A native or inhabitant of Swaziland.
- The turnout was far smaller than the 250,000 Swazis who came to the last national gathering several years ago, where Mswati announced the appointment of a new prime minister.
- Mashaba also claimed the Swazis cancelled their scheduled friendly against Lesotho in Maseru on Sunday because they feared that Mashaba would send his spies to watch the game.
- The Swazis, however, with their lack of resources have never featured at either the World Cup or Nations Cup levels.
adjetivoVolver al principio
from the name of Mswati, a 19th-century king of the Swazis.
Definición de Swazi en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary