Definición de Swazi en inglés:
sustantivo (plural igual or Swazis)
1A member of a people traditionally inhabiting Swaziland and Mpumalanga province in South Africa.
- Many Swazis find work in South African mines, and much of Swaziland's electricity is imported from South Africa.
- The Zulu kingdom on the east coast, north of Natal, was the largest; the Swazi, Tswana, Pedi, Venda, Mpondo, and Thembu remained substantial chiefdoms.
- Chilufya was one of the two members from Southern Africa, together with a Swazi, elected on the board dominated by North and West Africa.
1.1A native or inhabitant of Swaziland.
- The turnout was far smaller than the 250,000 Swazis who came to the last national gathering several years ago, where Mswati announced the appointment of a new prime minister.
- Mashaba also claimed the Swazis cancelled their scheduled friendly against Lesotho in Maseru on Sunday because they feared that Mashaba would send his spies to watch the game.
- The Swazis, however, with their lack of resources have never featured at either the World Cup or Nations Cup levels.
adjetivoVolver al principio
from the name of Mswati, a 19th-century king of the Swazis.
Definición de Swazi en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan