(also Tadjik or Tadzhik)
- 1A member of a mainly Muslim people inhabiting Tajikistan and parts of neighbouring countries.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The people of the area are mostly Tajiks, a Muslim ethnic minority who speak an Iranian language.
- We have Hazaras, we have Pashtuns, we have Tajiks, we have Uzbeks, we have Pashai, Nooristani, and people coming from the very remote areas of Afghanistan.
- The officer corps before 1963 was not all-inclusive, however, and was dominated by Pashtuns and Tajiks.
- 1.1A native or inhabitant of the republic of Tajikistan.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The national sport of the Tajiks, gushtigiri, has a colorful tradition.
- Tajiks are the largest ethnic group, with Uzbeks making up a quarter of the population, over half of which is employed in agriculture and just one-fifth in industry.
- 2 [mass noun] (also Tajiki /tɑːˈdʒiːki/) The language of the Tajiks, a member of the Iranian branch of the Indo-European family.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In the first years after independence many non-Central Asian peoples emigrated because of the establishment of Tajiki as the official language, dissatisfaction with the standard of living, and fear of political violence.
- In 1989 Tajiki became the sole official language of the country, replacing Russian and Uzbeki.
- About 14 percent of the population - mostly non-Uzbek - speak Russian as their first language; 5 percent speak Tajik.
adjetivoVolver al principio
- Relating to Tajikistan, the Tajiks, or their language.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- One of the few areas where a pan-Afghan identity has emerged is through popular music, which is a hybrid of the Pashtun musical style with a lot of Tajik language.
- Many Tajiks consider themselves Uzbek, though they retain the Tajik language; this may be because they have long shared an urban lifestyle, which was more of a bond than ethnic labels.
- The curriculum includes the Tajik language and classical Persian literature.
from Persian tājik 'a Persian, someone who is neither an Arab nor a Turk'.
Más definiciones de TajikDefinición de Tajik en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.