Definición de Tamang en inglés:
sustantivo (plural igual or Tamangs)
1A member of a Buddhist people inhabiting mountainous parts of Nepal and Sikkim.
- For Nepal's indigenous ethnic minorities like the Buddhist Tamangs the struggle for survival is compounded by their marginalized status.
- The major ethnic groups include Newars, Indians, Tibetans, Gurungs, Magars, Tamangs, Bhotias, Rais, Limbus, and Sherpas.
- Tamang prefer to preserve social reciprocity through bilateral cross-cousin marriages that are held as ideal, and marriages are strategically arranged to form ties to distant, and more prestigious, families.
adjetivoVolver al principio
Relating to the Tamang or their language.
- This particular Tamang community, which represents 300,000 of the nearly one million Tamang people, lives in a precipitous river valley located in the Himalayan Mountains.
- The journey brings you, too, in close contact with the Gurung and Tamang clans, who have practiced sustenance agriculture in the region for centuries.
- Remittances are a flow of resources to village households, indicating the continued membership and obligation of weavers with their originating village, or, as in the case of the Tamang women, with their husband's household.
Nepali, from rtamaṅ 'owner of many horses'.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan