Definición de Tanoan en inglés:
A small language family comprising a number of Pueblo Indian languages.
- This is amply evidenced by both North American languages (such as Sierra Miwok and Tanoan) and Papuan New Guinean languages (such as Kewa and Yimas).
- The other Texas tribe that probably spoke Tiwa or a form of Tanoan are the Jumano.
- The Zuñi language may be connected with Tanoan, falling within the Aztec-Tanoan linguistic stock.
adjetivoVolver al principio
Relating to the Tanoan language family.
- All other Pueblo languages are classified within the Aztec-Tanoan Phylum: within the Kiowa-Tanoan family are three Tanoan languages, Tiwa, Tewa, and Towa; the Hopi language is an isolate within the Uto-Aztecan family; and Keresan is an unclassified language isolate not yet assigned to any family within the phylum.
- He was of the belief that the Tanoan family is a remote branch of the Shoshonean, but thus far the relationship has not been definitively shown.
- Their name for themselves is ‘Tuei’ and they speak southern Tiwa, a Tanoan language.
Definición de Tanoan en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan