sustantivo (plural igual or Temnes)
- 1A member of a people of Sierra Leone.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In 1841, illegally captured Mendes, Temnes, and members of other tribes managed to take control of their slave ship, the Amistad.
- Among the Temne of Africa it can take days to fashion a hairstyle.
- The Portuguese navigator Pedro de Cintra reached it in 1462, at about the time the Temne, its chief inhabitants, were reaching the coast.
- 2 [mass noun] The Niger-Congo language of the Temne, the main language of Sierra Leone, with about 1 million speakers.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Krio, Mende and Temne are widely spoken, with Krio being the lingua franca.
- You probably don't speak Temne yourself, so there are a few questions you'll need to consider when choosing a translation company.
- For example, if both parents speak Temne and Mende the child becomes bilingual in those languages and, usually, the widely used Krio language.
adjetivoVolver al principio
- Relating to the Temne or their language.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In 1562, Temne warriors reneged on a deal with a European slave trader and drove him away with a fleet of war canoes.
- The analysis of Temne perceptions of the occult is particularly welcome.
- For instance, Loko people will admit to being heavily culturally influenced by the Temne people surrounding them, the Krim and the Gola by Sierra Leone
the name in Temne.
Más definiciones de TemneDefinición de Temne en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.