Definición de Teutonic en inglés:
1Relating to the Teutons.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Staying in a Teutonic vein, the season moves on to Weill in Weimar, a cabaret style evening at the Paramount on Jasper featuring Kurt Weill's three singspiele The Threepenny Opera, Rise and Fall of the City of Mahoganny, and Happy End.
- After 11 albums one would think the Teutonic ensemble had exhausted the possibilities of its limited palette, but Perpetuum Mobile is as startling and inspired a record as any the band has ever made.
- The forest, in which Russell Crowe's Roman general first demonstrates his military prowess as Roman general by leading the battle against Teutonic hordes, is owned by the Forestry Commission in Edinburgh.
1.1often derogatory Displaying the characteristics popularly attributed to Germans: making preparations with Teutonic thoroughness
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Rehhagel's recipe for success was typical Teutonic thoroughness in preparation, team-spirit and superb fitness.
- Ralph-Rainer Ohlsen demonstrates an almost perfect combination of Teutonic thoroughness, probably instilled into him by his upbringing, but tempered with a sense of humour and love of life inherited from his biological father.
- I must say I was impressed by the senior BMW folk from the Fatherland, they just gave a massive air of commitment and confidence, and the to be expected Teutonic thoroughness was evident.
2 archaic Denoting the Germanic branch of the Indo-European language family.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- In France, no doubt, English is looked upon as a Teutonic language, such as German or Danish.
- Linguistic relatives are English, German, Swedish, Norwegian, and Icelandic, all of which descend from the ancient Teutonic language.
- The English word supper is derived from an old Teutonic word meaning to sup (sip, soup and sop all originated from the same word).
sustantivo[mass noun] archaic Volver al principio
Palabras que riman con Teutonicanachronic, animatronic, bionic, Brythonic, bubonic, Byronic, canonic, carbonic, catatonic, chalcedonic, chronic, colonic, conic, cyclonic, daemonic, demonic, diatonic, draconic, electronic, embryonic, euphonic, harmonic, hegemonic, histrionic, homophonic, hypersonic, iconic, ionic, ironic, isotonic, laconic, macaronic, Masonic, Miltonic, mnemonic, monotonic, moronic, Napoleonic, philharmonic, phonic, Platonic, Plutonic, polyphonic, quadraphonic, sardonic, saxophonic, siphonic, Slavonic, sonic, stereophonic, subsonic, subtonic, symphonic, tectonic, thermionic, tonic, transonic, ultrasonic
Definición de Teutonic en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda