Definición de Thai en inglés:
Relating to Thailand, its people, or their language.
- The menu includes a wide range of appetizers, soups, salads, main courses, and desserts along with the accompanying rice and noodles and a variety of Thai curries.
- Phayathai is one of those restaurants where you can order just about anything without going wrong - although the same could pretty much be said of Thai cuisine in general.
- While some specialise in Ayurvedic treatment and massages, others go for a hybrid combination of Thai massage using Ayurvedic oils and even electric vibrators.
sustantivo (plural igual or Thais)Volver al principio
1A native or inhabitant of Thailand.
- Out of 27 recent arrests for theft and break and entry, 20 were Thai nationals.
- He described Pattaya's problems as ‘complex’ due to the influx of Thais from around the nation looking for employment.
- Ordinary Thais across the nation have folded and written peace messages on the paper cranes in a campaign devised by Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra.
1.1A member of the largest ethnic group in Thailand.
- In an attempt to consolidate his support around nationalism, he renamed the country Thailand, after its ethnic majority, the Thais, in 1939.
- Further separatist attacks on security forces and ethnic Thais were carried out over the following days.
- The Dai, the largest of Xishuangbanna's 13 ethnic groups are the northern cousins of the Thais.
1.2A person of Thai descent.
- Overseas Thais are being encouraged to take holidays in Thailand in order to reacquaint themselves with their motherland and native culture.
- As we have already seen, there is no strong link between learning Thai and being Thai; one can be Thai without speaking the language.
- Although many traditional beliefs are retained by Thai Americans, Thais often try to adjust their beliefs in order to live in the United States comfortably.
2 [mass noun] The official language of Thailand, spoken by over 20 million people, mainly in central Thailand. It belongs to the Tai language group.
- The Thai include those who speak Thai or Central Thai as their first language.
- It is important to read and speak and write Thai, then really get to know the country.
- In the United States there are more speakers of Navajo than there are speakers of Scandinavian languages, Thai, or Hungarian.
Thai, literally 'free'.
Words that rhyme with Thaially, Altai, apply, assai, awry, ay, aye, Baha'i, belie, bi, Bligh, buy, by, bye, bye-bye, chi, Chiangmai, Ciskei, comply, cry, Cy, Dai, defy, deny, Di, die, do-or-die, dry, Dubai, dye, espy, eye, fie, fly, forbye, fry, Frye, goodbye (US goodby), guy, hereby, hi, hie, high, I, imply, I-spy, July, kai, lie, lye, Mackay, misapply, my, nearby, nigh, Nye, outfly, passer-by, phi, pi, pie, ply, pry, psi, Qinghai, rai, rely, rocaille, rye, scry, serai, shanghai, shy, sigh, sky, Skye, sky-high, sly, spin-dry, spry, spy, sty, Sukhotai, supply, Tai, thereby, thigh, thy, tie, Transkei, try, tumble-dry, underlie, Versailles, Vi, vie, whereby, why, wry, Wye, xi, Xingtai, Yantai
Definición de Thai en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan