Definición de Thomson's gazelle en inglés:
A light brown gazelle with a dark band along the flanks, living in large herds on the open plains of East Africa.
- Gazella thomsonii, family Bovidae
- But when the rains arrived, fresh carpets of zebra, wildebeest and Thomson's gazelles rolled out from the distant hills, transforming the treeless steppes.
- In eastern Africa, they mostly hunt Thomson's gazelles, but they will also attack calves, warthogs, zebras, impalas, and the young of large antelopes such as the gnu.
- When the Migration is in the Serengeti, from November to June, there are an estimated 1.5 million wildebeest, 350,000 Thomson's gazelle and 200,000 common zebra.
late 19th century: named after Joseph Thomson (1858–94), Scottish explorer.
Definición de Thomson's gazelle en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan