Definición de Titan en inglés:
1 Greek Mythology Any of the older gods who preceded the Olympians and were the children of Uranus (Heaven) and Gaia (Earth). Led by Cronus, they overthrew Uranus; Cronus' son, Zeus, then rebelled against his father and eventually defeated the Titans.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- He was one of the Titans, the children of Gaia and Ouranos, Earth and Sky.
- They survived the war between the Titans and the Olympians and became servants of Zeus.
- Thrust it down, below the depths of Tartarus, into the lightless prison of the Titans!
1.1 (as noun a titan) A person or thing of very great strength, intellect, or importance: a titan of American industry
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He saw himself as a titan, a giant among his peers, towering above the rest of the pack.
- Where once he was a titan, today he appears to have lost political and personal bearings.
- To get a sense of Powell's post-government marketability, I paid a visit to a titan of that industry, Nels Olson.
Definición de Titan en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda