sustantivo (plural igual or Tlingits)
- 1A member of an American Indian people of the coasts and islands of SE Alaska.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The bag was collected in the early twentieth century by Gregory Charles, a teacher in Telegraph Creek, British Columbia, where the Tahltans and Tlingits conducted trade with each other and the outside world.
- In Tlingit society today, even though many Tlingits marry other Tlingits, there exists a great deal of interracial marriage, which has changed some of the dynamics of family and clan relationships.
- The man never stopped talking, and he talked with everyone he met - white farmers, black freedmen, women of all ages, hordes of children, ministers of the gospel, a canoe full of Tlingits paddling along the Alaska coast.
- 2 [mass noun] The language of the Tlingit, which has about 2,000 surviving speakers.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In the nineteenth century, the first attempts were made to communicate in Tlingit through writing.
- Gregor muttered something in Tlingit and Dmitri abruptly released him.
- The other clan held what amounts to an oral copyright, requiring that the story only be told, word-for-word, by an approved clan member who has committed it to memory, in Tlingit.
adjetivoVolver al principio
- Relating to the Tlingit or their language.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Unlike the English alphabet of 26 letters, the Tlingit language has at least 32 consonants and eight vowels.
- An anthropologist of Tsimshian and Tlingit descent, his principles are derived from his experience with the Gitkxaala Nation in British Columbia.
- This book celebrates Tlingit traditions and demonstrates their unique facets.
the name in Tlingit.
Más definiciones de TlingitDefinición de Tlingit en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.