Definición de Toltec en inglés:
A member of an American Indian people that flourished in Mexico before the Aztecs.
- Highly developed cultures, including those of the Olmecs, Mayas, Toltecs, and Aztecs existed long before the Spanish conquest.
- The Maya, Olmecs, Toltecs, and Aztecs built cities and pyramids.
- Every continent has its fallen giants - the Inca, Maya, Aztec, Toltec, Olmec, and Anasazi of the Americas; Rome, Greece, Byzantium, Assyria, Egypt around the Mediterranean.
adjetivoVolver al principio
Relating to the Toltecs.
- Chichen Itza is a sacred Mayan and Toltec site.
- Maya culture remained, albeit in slightly different form, flourishing in northern parts of Yucatán down to AD 1000 when Toltec invasions caused further changes.
- Having little to offer other than their reputation as warriors, the Mexica hired themselves out as mercenaries to rival Toltec factions.
- Example sentences
- Somewhere around the year 750 AD the city was destroyed and plundered probably by groups of Toltecan origin.
- This rite dates back to the Mayan and Toltecan period in history.
- It has buildings representative of the eighteenth century, and it is close to an archaeological zone of Toltecan and Tarascan influence.
Definición de Toltec en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary