sustantivo (plural igual or Tosks)
- 1A member of one of the main ethnic groups of Albania, living mainly in the south of the country.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The Ghegs live in the northern half of the country, and the Tosks live in the south.
- Prior to 1920, most of the Albanians who migrated to the United States were Orthodox Tosks from the city of Korce in southern Albania.
- Although dialect and cultural differences between the Ghegs and Tosks can be substantial, both sides identify strongly with the common national and ethnic culture.
- 2 [mass noun] The dialect of Albanian spoken by the Tosk, with about 4 million speakers, forming the basis for standard Albanian. Compare with Gheg.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Today, Albanian is spoken in two major dialects (with many subdialects) in Albania and in neighboring Kosova - Tosk (about two-thirds of the population) and Gheg (the remaining one-third).
adjetivoVolver al principio
- Relating to the Tosk or their dialect.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In addition to the standard Albanian terms (mostly similar to the Tosk dialect), Elsie often provides us with the variant forms of Gegerishte (the Gheg dialect of northern Albania).
- Hence, Albanian nationalist intellectuals stressed linguistic nationalism in their attempts to build an Albanian national consciousness, an effort made difficult because of the Gheg / Tosk division.
- In 1952, a standardized Albanian language was adopted, which is a mixture of Gheg and Tosk but with a prevailing Tosk element.
from Albanian Toskë.