- Relating to ancient Troy in Asia Minor: Trojan legendsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- In Homer's epic ‘Illiad,’ snakes are even the avengers sent by gods to punish Trojan priest Laocoon who warns the Trojans against the Greek's scheme using a wooden horse.
- But, when scrutinized closely, the later Roman relationship to Trojan civilization exists in name only.
- He prophesies the founding of Rome, after several generations of Trojan descendants are born in Italy.
sustantivoVolver al principio
- 1A native or inhabitant of ancient Troy: I’ll be working like a Trojan for the next twelve weeksMás ejemplos en oraciones
- A war fought at Troy between the native Trojans and the invading Greeks.
- Having heard that Crete was abandoned by its native ruler, the Trojans set sail.
- When he and Apollo were cheated by the Trojans, Poseidon's revenge was endless.
- 2 Computing A Trojan Horse program.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He discovered that the attack was being co-ordinated through programs called Trojans saved on innocent people's machines.
- The email contains a computer program known as a Trojan that is opened when the person clicks on it and is installed on their computer without their knowing it.
- A Trojan is a stand-alone program that appears to do one thing while in fact doing something else - probably harmful.
work like a Trojan (or Trojans)
- Work extremely hard.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He works like a Trojan and takes enormous pride in his produce.
- He carried on working like a Trojan and kept up a punishing travel schedule that took him to factories all over the Far East, overseeing the manufacture of his shoe designs.
- He tells us that although there has been inactivity on our part, ‘the ground staff have been working like Trojans’.
Middle English: from Latin Troianus, from Troia 'Troy'.
Más definiciones de TrojanDefinición de Trojan en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.