Definición de Trojan Horse en inglés:
1(In Greek mythology) a hollow wooden statue of a horse in which the Greeks are said to have concealed themselves in order to enter Troy.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Bear in mind the legendary Trojan Horse, which allowed Greek soldiers to penetrate the walls of Troy.
- In the end, however, it is sly Odysseus's invention, the Trojan Horse, that permits the Greek forces to enter Troy with terrible consequences.
- Achilles's death is supposed to occur well before the deployment of the Trojan Horse.
1.1A person or thing intended to undermine or secretly overthrow an enemy or opponent: the rebels may use this peace accord as a Trojan horse to try and take over
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Your tenacious research over the last year has shown that this idea may be the Trojan Horse of voting machine reform, allowing elections to be stolen more easily than in the past.
- However, this Government is using one institution as a Trojan Horse to rope all tertiary education institutions into the same corral and exert control over them.
- But the success of science turned it into a Trojan Horse as scientists increasingly limited their discussions and explanations to natural phenomena.
1.2 Computing A program designed to breach the security of a computer system while ostensibly performing some innocuous function.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- However this may cause compatibility issues with other system software as well as the security risk of Trojan Horses being loaded - especially if the client software is downloaded through the Web and not installed by an IT person.
- The fear, whether justified or not, is that software developed outside our borders is more likely to have intentional security vulnerabilities, Trojan Horses or back doors than software developed inside the country.
- A Trojan Horse is a program that neither replicates nor copies itself, but causes damage or compromises the security of the computer.
Definición de Trojan Horse en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en Pakistán