- An asteroid belonging to one of two groups which orbit the sun at the same distance as Jupiter, at the Lagrangian points roughly 60 degrees ahead of it and behind it.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- There are two groups of Trojan asteroids, both sharing Jupiter's orbit.
- A so-called Trojan asteroid, which forms a triangle with Jupiter and the sun, moves according to such a scheme.
- These are the Trojan asteroids, each one locked in its solar orbit by the gravity of Jupiter and the Sun.
early 20th century: so named because the first asteroids discovered were named after heroes of the Trojan War.
Más definiciones de Trojan asteroidDefinición de Trojan asteroid en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.