sustantivo (plural igual or Turkmens)
- 1A member of a group of Turkic peoples inhabiting the region east of the Caspian Sea and south of the Aral Sea, now comprising Turkmenistan and parts of Iran and Afghanistan.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He cited the rights of the Kurds, Turkmens and women.
- That plan is bitterly opposed by Turkmens.
- The Turkmens are perhaps closest to the modern Turks of today.
- 2 [mass noun] The Turkic language of the Turkmen, having about 3 million speakers.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It is related to such languages as Turkish, Kazak, Kyrgyz, Turkmen, and Uzbek.
adjetivoVolver al principio
- Relating to the Turkmen, their language, or the region which they inhabit.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The Turkmen language used in Turkmenistan borrows many words from Russian.
- The demonstration coincided with a general strike by the city's approximately 300,000 Turkmen residents.
- When a 670-lb meteorite landed in Turkmenistan in 1999, Turkmen scientists named it after Turkmenbashi.
from Persian turkmān, from Turkish tūrkmen; also influenced by Russian turkmen.
Más definiciones de TurkmenDefinición de Turkmen en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.