sustantivo (plural igual or Tutsis)
- A member of a people forming a minority of the population of Rwanda and Burundi but who formerly dominated the Hutu majority. Historical antagonism between the peoples led in 1994 to large-scale ethnic violence, especially in Rwanda.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- As in Rwanda, the fighting in Burundi pits the ethnic minority Tutsi against the majority Hutu.
- The warring Hutus and Tutsis of Rwanda speak the one language.
- Altogether some 800,000 ethnic Tutsis and moderate Hutus are estimated to have been killed in Rwanda's genocide.
adjetivoVolver al principio
- Relating to the Tutsi.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Driven into exile, Tutsi children formed the rebel Rwandan Patriotic Front.
- The Burundian army said it was braced for further attacks on Tutsi refugee camps.
- Traditionally, male Tutsi children are given extensive training in public speaking, storytelling, traditional dances, and military skills.
a local name. See also Watusi.
Más definiciones de TutsiDefinición de Tutsi en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.