Definición de Tutsi en inglés:
sustantivo (plural igual or Tutsis)
A member of a people forming a minority of the population of Rwanda and Burundi but who formerly dominated the Hutu majority. Historical antagonism between the peoples led in 1994 to large-scale ethnic violence, especially in Rwanda.
- As in Rwanda, the fighting in Burundi pits the ethnic minority Tutsi against the majority Hutu.
- The warring Hutus and Tutsis of Rwanda speak the one language.
- Altogether some 800,000 ethnic Tutsis and moderate Hutus are estimated to have been killed in Rwanda's genocide.
adjetivoVolver al principio
Relating to the Tutsi.
- Driven into exile, Tutsi children formed the rebel Rwandan Patriotic Front.
- The Burundian army said it was braced for further attacks on Tutsi refugee camps.
- Traditionally, male Tutsi children are given extensive training in public speaking, storytelling, traditional dances, and military skills.
a local name. See also Watusi.
Definición de Tutsi en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan