- A pair of people or things that are virtually indistinguishable: the umpires conferred, like Tweedledum and Tweedledee in their striped shirtsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- But can you distinguish between Tweedledum and Tweedledee?
- I am confident that a large proportion of informal votes is from electors who refuse to choose between Tweedledum and Tweedledee, and don't wish to pay a fine.
- Both parties are personality-oriented and, in terms of issues, they are only Tweedledum and Tweedledee.
originally names applied to the composers Bononcini (1670–1747) and Handel, in a 1725 satire by John Byrom (1692–1763); they were later used for two identical characters in Lewis Carroll's Through the Looking Glass.
Más definiciones de Tweedledum and TweedledeeDefinición de Tweedledum and Tweedledee en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.