Definición de Twelfth Night en inglés:
16 January, the feast of the Epiphany.
- Not for nothing was the Feast of Epiphany, Twelfth Night, also the Feast of the Beans, a major carnival celebration.
- Like Twelfth Night, Shrovetide was one of the key holidays when plays were performed at court, and at other institutions like the inns of court and the universities.
- Above all, she is associated with Twelfth Night and Epiphany, 5 and 6 January.
1.1Strictly, the evening of 5 January, the eve of the Epiphany and formerly the twelfth and last day of Christmas festivities.
- In Argentina Christmas used to be a low key affair, the biggest festival being Twelfth Night.
- Throughout mid-winter, especially from Christmas through Twelfth Night in Normandy, men, women and children ran through fields waving torches around branches of fruit trees.
- In some parts of Iceland, Twelfth Night was referred to as ‘The Old Christmas,’ or ‘The Old Christmas Eve.’
Definición de Twelfth Night en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan