Definición de Ukrainian en inglés:
1A native or inhabitant of Ukraine, or a person of Ukrainian descent.
- Jews, Ukrainians, and Russians were the most likely to leave.
- The current population is primarily Belarusian but also includes Russians, Poles, Ukrainians, and Jews.
- Their General Denikin made a point of referring to Ukrainians as ‘Little Russians’.
2 [mass noun] The Eastern Slavic language of Ukraine, which has about 60 million speakers worldwide.
- They were a few people who could speak Russian and Polish, but no one who knew some of the more obscure Slavic languages like Ukrainian or Bulgarian.
- That makes a big difference from eastern regions, where most city dwellers have only studied Ukrainian as a foreign language in school.
- In 1980 less than 17 percent listed their primary language as Ukrainian.
adjetivoVolver al principio
Relating to Ukraine, its people, or their language.
- Edmonton and Calgary have become the capitals of Ukrainian dance in North America, thanks to dedicated pioneers, teachers and dancers, 99 per cent of whom are volunteers.
- Others were more unusual, like an embroidery class in a Molochansk school where children learned the historical significance of traditional Ukrainian embroidery and how this art form is relevant today.
- The loss of Rotan, a huge talent, was deeply felt; but it was the departure of a third player, Oleg Venglinsky - Ukrainian player of the year in 2003-that dominated many of the headlines.
Definición de Ukrainian en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan