Definición de Unitarian en inglés:
1.1A member of a Church or religious body maintaining this belief and typically rejecting formal dogma in favour of a rationalist and inclusivist approach to belief.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- When these ideas spread from Great Britain to the United States after the Civil War, they were initially adopted by proponents of the social gospel, usually Unitarians, liberal Congregationalists and Baptists, and Episcopalians.
- Both allowed the very young a certain exemption from the adult rules of religious belief and behavior; spiritually speaking, for rationalist Unitarians and evangelicals, children were a different order of moral being than adults.
- Other denominations include the Czech Orthodox Church, the Old Catholic Church, the Unitarians, and the Federation of Jewish Communities in the Czech Republic.
adjetivoVolver al principio
Relating to the Unitarians.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- In a larger practical sense, however, evangelical revivalism shared basically Unitarian assumptions about the moral autonomy of children.
- Government grants to Unitarian food shelves are just the beginning.
- She now volunteers for the American Red Cross, plays piano for Unitarian services, trains her dressage horse, and basks in the views of her lovely new surroundings.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- I operate a religious website that promotes tolerant monotheism (Deism, Unitarianism, Judaism) and I can't believe the volume of hate mail I get.
- The Dudleian lecturers were liberal Christians, both Calvinist and Arminian, and they openly separated themselves in the second lecture from more radical forms of Enlightened Dissent, namely Unitarianism and Deism.
- Our elite culture has been de-Christianized, and the notional faith that I heard preached from the pulpit in Trinity that day amounted to pure concession, Unitarianism in vestments.
Palabras que riman con Unitarianagrarian, antiquarian, apiarian, Aquarian, Arian, Aryan, authoritarian, barbarian, Bavarian, Bulgarian, Caesarean (US Cesarean), centenarian, communitarian, contrarian, Darien, disciplinarian, egalitarian, equalitarian, establishmentarian, fruitarian, Gibraltarian, grammarian, Hanoverian, humanitarian, Hungarian, latitudinarian, libertarian, librarian, majoritarian, millenarian, necessarian, necessitarian, nonagenarian, octogenarian, ovarian, Parian, parliamentarian, planarian, predestinarian, prelapsarian, proletarian, quadragenarian, quinquagenarian, quodlibetarian, Rastafarian, riparian, rosarian, Rotarian, sabbatarian, Sagittarian, sanitarian, Sauveterrian, sectarian, seminarian, septuagenarian, sexagenarian, topiarian, totalitarian, Trinitarian, ubiquitarian, utilitarian, valetudinarian, vegetarian, veterinarian, vulgarian
Definición de Unitarian en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Malasia