(also Unknown Warrior)
- An unidentified representative member of a country’s armed forces killed in war, given burial with special honours in a national memorial.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Family members, friends, and unit representatives laid wreaths at the tomb of the Unknown Soldier during private ceremonies for the three men.
- To represent the sacrifice of the average soldier, Congress followed British and other European precedents in authorizing the burial of an Unknown Soldier in a place of honor in Arlington National Cemetery.
- This and subsequent ceremonies portrayed the Unknown Soldier as representative of a national vision transcending class, ethnic, racial, regional, and religious differences.
Más definiciones de Unknown SoldierDefinición de Unknown Soldier en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.