- Relating to the ancient kingdom of Urartu in eastern Anatolia (circa 1500–585 bc).Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The skill of Urartian craftspeople is manifest in Van museum exhibits: terracotta figures, ornate bronze belts and some very covetable gold jewellery.
- The city has existed for at least 5,000 years and saw successive periods of Urartian, Assyrian and Persian rule before succumbing to Alexander the Great.
sustantivoVolver al principio
- 1A native or inhabitant of ancient Urartu.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- She rightly concludes, ‘despite their geographical position and their entanglement with Assyrians, Urartians, Persians, Arabs, and Turks, both ancient and early medieval Armenians have a European significance.’
- The earliest Armenian history was related to the Hittites and the Urartians as well as with the peoples of Mesopotamia.
- This impression is created by simply tacking the history of the Urartians onto that of the Haik.
Más definiciones de UrartianDefinición de Urartian en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.