Uruguay was liberated from Spanish colonial rule in 1825, and in the early 20th century was moulded into South America’s first welfare state. Civil unrest beginning in the 1960s, and particularly fighting against the Marxist Tupamaro guerrillas, led to a period of military rule, but civilian government was restored in 1985
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The cultural, scientific, and political contribution of Uruguayans to the Latin American mosaic is unparalleled.
- When I asked Fernando whether Uruguayans ever ate corned beef, he laughed.
- The Uruguayan writes in short, epigrammatic sentences and breaks up his book into many chapters, each running to not more than half-a-dozen paragraphs.
Definición de Uruguay en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.