sustantivo[mass noun] • trademark
- A fastener for clothes or other items, consisting of two strips of thin plastic sheet, one covered with tiny loops and the other with tiny flexible hooks, which adhere when pressed together and can be separated when pulled apart deliberately.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- These days, string has been set aside in favor of nifty plastic packaging, Velcro, and duct tape.
- I can't manage things like zips, so they took the zips out and put Velcro in instead.
- You may find yourself going out and buying shoes that have Velcro fastenings instead of laces as the child cannot grasp how to tie their own laces.
verbo[with object and adverbial] Volver al principio
- Fasten, join, or fix with Velcro: the doctor Velcroed the top of Badri’s nightgown together Thad consulted the chronometer Velcroed to his wristMás ejemplos en oraciones
- My bag was Velcroed across my body and it's horrible to think someone has taken it off me.
- We raced about with nylon Prada bags Velcroed to us.
- It's like a duffel bag, but with mesh sides, rigid lining, and a washable fleecy blanket velcroed to the bottom.
1960s: from French velours croché 'hooked velvet'.
Más definiciones de VelcroDefinición de Velcro en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.