- The observation that voiceless fricatives in Germanic predicted by Grimm’s Law became voiced if the preceding syllable in the corresponding Indo-European word was unstressed.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Verner published his results in 1875, and the patterns he described came to be known as Verner's Law.
- Similarly, Grimm's Law, Verner's Law, and Grassman's Law are transformed into SpecGram's Law.
- The Danish scholar Carl Verner thus corrected the major deficiency of Grimm's Law by introducing a further sound shift Law, since called Verner's Law.
late 19th century: named after Karl A. Verner (1846–96), Danish philologist.
Más definiciones de Verner's LawDefinición de Verner's Law en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.